What a game! Derek doesn't like watching the big game with anyone else, so it was just us at home. We had a fun little "allergy free" feast. Derek was going to make a cheese dip because I could get the cheese for free. However, I decided it wasn't worth it (it was an 8 oz. block-tiny!!) so I chose to do fresh salsa instead. Can't say it tastes better, but it sure is healthier! Besides, I like not having to worry to much about Brendan. Here's our spread: bacon wrapped little smokies & brown sugar (so good-my friend showed me how to make them-thanks Brit!), grapes & olives for B-boy, popcorn balls, spicy chips (Dorito's-there are a couple kinds that are milk free-Brendan and Derek both love them so it's a win-win & they were FREE!!), little smokies in BBQ sauce, and Chips & salsa. We also made french dip sandwiches & potato chips for lunch before the game. We had a great time-Brendan loved eating in the living room & sharing Daddy's Gatorade (also FREE!!)
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Superbowl XLIII
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We love the bacon wrapped little smokies at our house too! Matt grew up on them and his whole family adores them. In my opinion, the more brown sugar, the better.
That looks like a great spread! You're such a cute mom.
So, how do you manage to get all this great food for free? You truly are the greatest at bargains!
Post a Comment