Derek and I have chosen not to waste money on cable tv. Not really a big deal, until it comes to sports. My sweet husband has done without ESPN almost the whole time we have been married. His ESPN fix comes when we visit his parents, or happen to be in a motel (I wonder why he loves traveling for conferences!!) Anyways, this morning on GMA they were talking about a couple who did away with their cable to save money. I know that you can watch local shows online (I am a Grey's Anatomy fan, so I have done this several times!) I learned this morning, however, that YOU CAN WATCH CABLE SHOWS FOR FREE ON YOUR COMPUTER!!! I am mad though, the site ESPN360 is free, but our internet is through a cheap company and we aren't an affiliate. I'll get D on that! But check out hulu.com. It is completely free and has several movies & shows for you to watch. We don't watch a lot of tv, but it will be fun to have more options. Please read terms of use though. You agree not to copy etc. the content. Please follow that, I really get ticked off on people who think they have the right to "steal" and burn DVDs (well, used to be able to!) and send to people. Anyways, if there are shows you are missing because you are in the same boat as me, check it out.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks Tami, you're awesome! I watched the first episode of Lie to Me on hulu last night. I'll have to check out the other websites too. I love pinching your pennies.com It's great to get online coupons. I'm not signed up for their emails though, could you forward one on to me? Are they really useful?
OOOOO cool information! Thanks. I have never heard of hulu. That is awesome!
We didn't have cable for a few years when we moved to Hays. When Faith was a baby she was hospitalized for a few days with RSV. When she would sleep, I would watch both TVs in the hospital room alternating with one on mute during the commericials! What a nerd!
Post a Comment