Yes, my little boy is now 3 and a Sunbeam (the name for his church Sunday school). He was sad to leave the nursery, but is loving sunbeams. He loves singing-his favorites right now are I am a Child of God and Once There was a Snowman. When Brynlee is upset or crying, he will sing I am a Child of God to her to try to calm her down! He is growing far too fast! Derek and I are in Primary (teaching an older sunday school class of children) so we get to see him in closing exercises. He looks so adorable just sitting in his little chair! He is certainly such a sweet blessing in our lives!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I can't believe our kids are sunbeams! Ou kids sound similar. When Tyler cries Julia sings Twinkle little Star. And she fills Tyler's crib with toys. I be they'd get along great if we lived near eachother again. Looks like you had a fun Christmas!
Thanks for the updates. The snow makes me COLD. K's first day in sunbeams he screamed at the top of his lungs and kicked and so we are using snacks as bribery to keep him in class....it brought back memories of going through this with J...she hated being left in primary as well...although I have feeling that they both have acted this way for different reasons. :)
It looks like you had a lot of fun during the holidays. It's so sweet to watch your kids in primary - especially when they're sunbeams. Just wait until they give their first talk. :)
My kids also love the free building workshops at Home Depot and Lowes. It seems to be where they get the most one on one Daddy time these days.
Melanie is a Sunbeam now too! I can't believe it! It is fun seeing them grow up. She doesn't seem to like Sunbeams quite as much as your little guy though. It will come in time I'm sure!
Once the go to Sunbeams, before you know it, they are heading off to high school.... it all happens too fast. He is so darling!! Looks like Derek had plenty of exercise available to him with the snow!!! It's great for the "pitching arm." Riight?????
Post a Comment