Sunday, November 30, 2008

TEXAS!!!

The history of San Antonio is so fascinating! We loved the boat tour on the river in downtown. The tour guide gave us a brief history. We then set out walking. This is the San Fernando Cathedral in downtown.

There are 5 (I think) missions in San Antonio. They were all very different. I was amazed that Brendan loved looking at the "old buildings" as much as he did. It was a fun day driving to the different sites and walking around!

This picture is from one of the largest. The perimeter is all little rooms that were the Indians homes. Derek thought it was great that one housed a Coke machine!

Remember the Alamo! The Alamo is a mission, so it also had a cathedral there. We also toured and learned the history of the battle with the famous cry. Brendan loved the cannons and kept looking in all of them!

The kids found things to entertain themselves. Brendan loved that he fit into the little nightstand, and would climb in and close the doors.


4 comments:

Jess said...

What an awesome trip! I am so glad you all had such a great time!

Chanda Starr said...

It looks like you had a great trip. Right now the best part looks like it was nice and warm!! You look absolutely beautiful on your way to the opera. Happy late Thanksgiving!

Janice said...

What great fun! I'm glad that you were able to enjoy some time with your family.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I sad that the opera was disappointing, but hey, Tony Parker, that's cool. Say hi to that little Brendan for me.