Saturday, December 6, 2008

O Christmas Tree

Best thing about living in the mountains-picking your own Christmas tree! We parked in a pull out and headed up the snow covered slope. We learned however, that out on the mountain, they are not perfect full little Christmas trees-they all look like Charlie Brown trees! We wandered for an hour-found a deer hide & Brendan watered the snow; we found deer & multiple small animal tracks, but not that perfect tree. We got lost. I mean, in the middle of nowhere, no one around, surrounded by trees lost. Luckily, we just kept wandering in search of the perfect tree.

Eventually, the kiddos had enough, and we just grabbed the one that looked the best. Derek got under there to cut it & Brendan was sure to get down to be of any assistance!!!
After we got the tree cut, and tried to see which way to head, we saw our cute little Tahoe peeking through the trees! We had come full circle! We wandered that mountain for nothing. Our perfect little tree was less than 100 feet from where we parked! Oh well, it was a good work out hauling little B around!
Brendan loved decorating the tree this year! Best thing about the fir-it's needles aren't sharp so it didn't hurt to decorate! We also bought those little icicles to try this year. Brendan loved grabbing a handful and chucking them on there!
The star: I remember fighting with my family each year over who got to put the star on the top. This year, Brynlee was too little so there was no competition. Brendan better watch out next year!

So, I just noticed Brynlee is nowhere to be seen. She was to busy playing toys in the corner to help-but she was there!!!!

5 comments:

Jess said...

how fun! I have never cut down my own tree. We still are using a really horrible crooked ugly tree I got second hand about 5 years ago. :P It looks great! Glad you had a fun adventure!

Chanda Starr said...

I would say it looks like fun cutting down your own tree but you lose me at the walking around in the cold snow! I enjoy my warm house and my fake tree.

Shuman X Seven said...

We did that once when we were younger. You make it seem so much more delightful than I remember. Of course, my favoriite snow activity is watching it while it falls, out my window, with me sitting warm next to a fire in a cozy chair with a cup of cocoa and LOTS of whipping cream (I know, I am a baby)!
Your tree looks adorable!! What wonderful memories for you children. You guys are awesome!

Ess said...

Oh this post brings back memories. There has been only one Christmas in Idaho that we ever had a fake tree the rest of the years we had live and there is just nothing better.

Anonymous said...

Give us a call when you're in town. I don't think you have my new number- 801-471-5793