Thursday, September 4, 2008

Nothing New

Well, life continues here. Day in and day out goes much the same. Derek and I did go pick corn last night from a friends house, and stayed up blanching and freezing it. We probably got about 20 pounds or so cut off the cob and frozen. I also was excited to get pectin for 88 cents yesterday (normally around $2) so I am stocked and ready for jam. Heading to Twin again on Monday to can peaches and make raspberry jam. Hopefully back Wednesday with cute pictures! Or maybe I'll try to take a few tonight of the kiddos at the park. After seeing Sharea's post, I feel I gotta get the kiddos back out there, especially cuz it is getting cold here way to fast! Note: we had snow on our mountains on labor day!

4 comments:

themosefamily said...

Hi Tami!
I have been reading your blog. I found about about yours and everyone elses so now I started one. I enjoy your pictures. Stay in touch and check out my blog!!

Susan Mose

Sara said...

Tami, I didn't know you did so much canning and freezing! I should have had you teach me before you moved! :)

Chanda Starr said...

It amazes me all the canning and freezing you do. I think that is awesome! I have always been interested in that but never had a garden to come up with all that stuff. We do have 2 fruit trees in are back yard and am hoping we can learn how to care for them and be able to do more with the fruit in the future.

All your blogging friends out here love hearing from you! Even if its just the routine things.

Anonymous said...

That canning sure is fun! I enjoyed helping my wife and I really enjoy eating all of the wonderful foods. For anyone else out there who is interested I highly recommend it.