Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Summer happenings

Ward party! We attended a ward party a week after we moved. It was so much fun! They had so many activities for the kids: bean bag toss, ring toss, gunny sack race, face painting, horse roping, and giant bubbles. Oh, and Brendan caught a little goldfish. He named him Nemo, and Nemo died a couple days ago. We kept him alive awhile!! Well, Brendan, Derek, and I all worked together to make these cute (allergy free!!!) cupcakes.

Brendan wanted to get his face painted. Still not sure why he chose a pink balloon, but he had fun regardless!

This picture is blurry, sorry. Our camera has seen better days, but we won't get a new one for awhile, so we will have to deal. Brynlee has been teething and so we have the Tylenol out. She likes to chew on the end, and now, she just uses it like a pacifier. It is so funny; she gets it in her mouth and then just sits there sucking on it forever!

My beautiful girl, I mean boy. Daddy, please cut my hair! Brendan's hair is long now, and so he thinks he needs to wear barrettes like Brynlee. Daddy hasn't had time to cut his hair, guess I better get to it :)

My sweet Derek. I went and picked probably 30 pounds of little apricots. I know why people grow the peach-cots (they are larger and take a lot less time to can) but these little ones are so good! Derek was a great help, and I think he kind of enjoyed himself!! He just sat on his stool, pitting the cots. He thought he was really funny to have me ask if he was having fun so he could say ,"it's the pits." Funny man! We were productive though. I did two batches of cots, one of jam, and have my food dehydrator full. It was a late night, but we had fun working together! And guess what! The tree is still full of cots, so tomorrow, we will be doing it all over again!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Yum! Send some my way!!

Chanda Starr said...

Your kids are so cute and it is always nice when the hubby pitches in an extra hand. Enjoy the apricots! I spent yesterday making 30 pounds of tomatoes into spaghetti sauce. Lots of work but makes you feel good in the end and ever thankful for all the modern conveniences we have.

Sara said...

Glad to see you blogging again! You need a chat box so I can stop by and leave a quick hello like you always do at my blog. :) Your allergy-free cookies were really cute!!

Anonymous said...

That Derek, what a ham! We were a little sad that we just missed the Dynamite Festival. We rewatched the movie last weekend just for nostalgia's sake!

M & S Eagar said...

The picture of Brendan cracks me up. We have a pic. of Brady at 2 with pigtails and wearing Emma's pink blanket sleepers (he had the flu and all his clothes were dirty). Anyway, we still get laugh about it. Seriously, that pic. of Brendan will be priceless to you someday.