Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Just a note

I just got on, took five minutes to check and comment on all your blogs, and now my little guy is begging me to come play, so this will be quick! We are in the new apartment, but I am still trying to unpack. However, I have to say, I love having a pantry, and this is the first time EVER that I have more cupboard space than stuff to fill it! It's a great feeling!! I will post pics of my pantry when I find the usb cord. Derek says he feels like he is in a grocery store when he walks in! More on that later. Biggest news here: Brendan is potty trained!! I am so excited! I started the end of last week letting him use underwear, and he would poop in the potty, but just wet in his undies! Then he just started saying how he just wants to go in his diaper! Saturday Derek took me on a date, and Brendan tried to convince our babysitter to show him how to use the potty (she didn't!). But enough is enough, I thought for sure he must be ready. So, Monday morning, we get up, go in the potty, and I took all the rest of his diapers that were opened, and he threw them in the garbage. Told him he was a big boy, and going to use the big potty. It worked. We even were in Logan for about 5 hours running errands, and he was great! I bought those overpriced training pants to use for night time. He woke up, 12 hours later, dry dry dry! I am so proud of my little guy! And on that note, I am being summoned to play, did you guess ?! CARS!!! What else?!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Yay!!! So glad you are back!!

Congrats on the new pad, and pantry! I can't wait to see some pics. For 5 years we used one of those little 3 shelf bookshelves as a "pantry", so I understand your excitement.

Way to go Brenden! What a big big boy! You are lucky that he has been able to night train too.

Hope you had fun playing cars, and look forward to seeing more of you now that you are settled! :)

Chanda Starr said...

Glad your move went well and you can enjoy putting your things away. Awesome on the potting training front.

Janice said...

well, I definitely know how unpacking goes. I'm so glad that Brendan wanted to learn how to go potty!! I just wish Melanie (now 3) would like to do it!! Oh well, hopefully she will soon. I'm glad you like your new place. We always see each place we move into as a slight improvement (however slight it may be). It's fun.

Ess said...

Yay for potting training. Now only one child in diapers. This was always my least favorite mommy job.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the potty training. He is such a smart kid! We miss you guys too. Tell Brendan I said hello.