Friday, September 26, 2008

My 6 random things

Thanks Jan :-) Since I was actually tagged, I figured I would follow through!
Rules:
*Mention rules on your blog
*share 6 random quirks about you
*tag 6 friends

1. I have a little bit of a sweet tooth (okay, a BIG sweet tooth!) and eat far more than I should. I have eaten a dozen cookies in one afternoon! (When I was pregnant, I have to add).

2. I am really enjoying learning to cook allergy free and get a thrill when I figure it out! My latest feats: milk, egg, and nut free fudge & caramels! Derek says it feels like Christmas with all the candy around!

3. I feel like a bad mom for not putting Brendan in preschool. He's only 2 (three in less than a week) but there is such a public push to put your kids in preschools. There was even an article in the paper about it and how moms who don't enroll their kids are harming them. Hello, I am married to a school psychologist. My child is testing above where he needs to be. I work hard with him, AND HE DOESN'T NEED IT!!!!

4. I am at my whits end and don't know what to do about Brendan's hitting (hello, I am married to a psychologist!!). This kid is a hard one to break! We have tried several theories, but he really is a tough one!

5. I'm get really depressed sometimes that we can't find a house. Although, we are certainly in a better living situation than our last apartment. But it's still frustrating; the market here is ridiculous!

6. I miss playing the piano, and feel bad that my children aren't exposed to it more. Brendan loves to play and sing, and Brynlee love to play the toy one. I want to have one in my home, but can't afford one. Derek just about cried when we went to look at prices on the used ones. So, if any of you hear of a free one ;-)

Tag your it: Anyone who wants to share, it's always fun to get to know the not so known facts about you all!!!

3 comments:

Jess said...

That was fun!

Does your area have freecycle.org or craigslist.org? Totally check those sites out for your area if you haven't already. I know several people who have gotten free or nearly free pianos there. Usually it is people or churches who don't want to move them, so if you don't mind putting in the labor and having it tuned and maybe some repairs, it could be a great deal! Another thing might be to find out who the piano teachers and tuners are in town, and give them your number. many times they have students upgrading or know of people looking to sell.

The preschool thing is just silly. My girls did preschool because it was free and convienant. LOL! Where we live now there are very few preschools and no public preschool at all. Most kids seem to go to daycare. We will either do a preschool coop with friends or just do it one on one with him. I am sure brendon will do just fine since he has great parents working with him. I am sure that article was aimed more at parents who don't ever work with the kids and expect the Kindergarten to teach them everything. These days many kids go into K reading so that can be a real issue if no one has even taught them letters, etc. Well I have babbled long enough! Have a good day Tami! :)

Andrea said...

Fun read!

I agree, the preschool thing is silly. Julia's not in preschool. And I havn't heard of kids starting at 3! That seems young!

yeah, freecycle.org is good. That was gonna be my suggestion too.

Janice said...

Hey Tami - It was great to read your 6 things! I always enjoy the updates on your family!! I miss you guys and life where you are looks so enjoyable!! (not the rush rush rush around here !) Miss you!