So, I think I feel like the best mom in the world right now!! (Note the sarcasm). Case in point: Look at this picture:Not a big deal right?! Just a tootsie roll with a big bite out of one end, but note who is holding it :)
Story: Most of you know that Brendan has severe multiple food allergies, one of which is milk. And yes, tootsie rolls have milk in them! So here's what happened!! We had a ward party, and we were careful to bring food Brendan could eat, and were diligent to make sure he didn't get anything he shouldn't. Well, the game for the nursery age (18 mo- 3 years) kids was a pool full of saw dust, with buried candy and toys. We allow Brendan to participate, and then bring home his goodies to exchange for things he can have. He KNOWS he can't eat tootsie rolls. He even asked when we started looking! However, as soon as I turn my back, "Mom, can I eat this?" " No love, it has milk in it." Then I see him chuck this tootsie roll at me. I about had a heart attack! He knows better! Luckily, I'm pretty sure he took the bite and spit it out, thus not fully ingesting it, so the reaction was minor (hives on his face/neck) but the Benadryl cleared it up quickly. We were glad it wasn't more serious, and just reinforced to us that any situation is potentially deadly for our little guy, and I am the world's greatest mom :)
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Mom of the Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
ahhh scary! no tootsie rolls...poor guy!
Post a Comment