I really don't have any new cute pics to post, so I'll share what has been foremost in our minds most recently. My visiting teachers came by (we had the flu) and left a couple pages and a bag of M&Ms (which she said Derek would just have to eat-ya right?! I'll be done nursing in 7 mo. They'll store until then!!) Anyways, the two page story was about how we need to enjoy where we are at. We need to quit saying, "Well, when this happens then . . . " Fill in the blanks-I'm sure you can. Well, Derek and I have really been struggling with some things recently and it really hit home. We have found our selves saying, "Well, when we make more money, OR when we own a home." You get the picture. Although we are still going crazy in a tiny two bedroom apartment, we are trying to look at the positive. Our stake president recently spoke at a woman's meeting and said things along the same lines. He told us, we are where we are for a reason. Enjoy it. I think that if we don't, we will miss out on too many opportunities, especially when our children are young! Our neighbor has really had an impact on me in this area. Before Brynlee was born, I was out walking with Brendan. Her children (she has 5) were home from school and were out playing (no adult was home-her oldest is maybe 10). They started talking to me and trying to get adult attention, of which they get none at home. One little guy commented, "oh, I bet you can't wait until he starts school." What! He's two! I'm certainly can wait. I love having my little guy home! Poor things, that's all they hear from their parents. Anyways, when they are on Dr. Phil (yes, really!) I'll continue on my rantings of that situation. My family is my life. It's not easy. Some days I really wish I worked full time or could drop them off at day care so I could get a much needed break. But then, things happen that make me so grateful for them. Like today. Brendan was sitting there playing and turned to me and said, "Mommy, you are my best friend." It doesn't get any better than that!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wow yes that is sooo true. Thank you for sharing that! Loved all the thoughts- I always enjoy reading about your happy life in Idaho! Love you!
Nicole
Post a Comment