I suppose our trip to Twin involved a lot of firsts for our little boy. I have been trying to find chocolate chips that Brendan could have for months. I have looked at health food stores (prices range from $3.50 for 10 oz. to 7.99 a lb.) but they all are processed on shared equipment, thus making them unsafe for Brendan. Well, I ran into Fred Meyer with mom one evening (to get one thing I'm sure) and decided to check their brands. To my surprise, I found the FMV (which are only $1.20) are Brendan safe. This is a picture of him eating his very first chocolate chip cookie. I think he preferred the chips on their own. One evening, he came in and asked for a chip. I handed him a corn chip (which is what everyone was eating), he looked at me and said, " Not that kind, mom!" I told him that was the only kind we had, and he disappeared. 5 minutes later he came in carrying a bag of chocolate chips and proudly announced, "This kind mommy!" It certainly was a dollar well spent!
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Another first!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
poor kid never had chocolate chips before! Thats great you found them and at such a good price! WOW! I love how he said "chips!" so precious. Man o Man the little guy is going to be so grown up next time I see him! And I look forward to meeting the newest addition to your family! Keep posting, I live for an update!!!
Brendan, you smart boy- I love chocolate chips too!!!!
Post a Comment