Sorry for the long hiatus~I'm sure you missed us terribly! We didn't have internet for several months, so I got out of the habit of keeping ya'll up to date! Maybe I'll do better? I'll make a little more effort! So here is a little bit of what we have been up to! We will start with Halloween!! Brendan wanted to be a red crayon this year. We had fun (and a little frustration) getting the costume done, but it turned out all right. Brynlee Jo was a pumpkin. Same pumpkin costume I wore when I was little! You are supposed to stuff it with newspaper to make it round. She didn't like being round, so it came right back out! They had a great time, and Brendan even scored plenty of stuff he could eat!
December found us in San Fransisco for my little brothers wedding. I made some extra money so I spent it on Wicked tickets! AMAZING! We had a blast. Still like Les Mis better, but I LOVE going to the theatre!
We also visited the Discovery Center. It's a kid friendly science museum. It's very hands on and they got to do some really neat things! Brendans favorite was pulling himself up in the chair! I was amazed he could do it~and really quickly too!
While there, Brendan, Brynlee, and Derek all laid on a bed of nails! You laid down, pushed a button, and all the nails came out, raising you a couple inches!
We have also gotten to spend a lot of time with my in-laws exchange student. The kids LOVE her! They have a lot of fun together. My sister is a beekeeper and she was checking the hives. Brendan and Nuka suited up to watch!
All in all, we are pretty good. I have been super stressed with my new calling. I am the music chorister for the primary (I teach music to all the children age 3-11). Not something I have loved, and there have been some big issues with the president, but I'm getting the hang of it! Derek is in with the Young Men again assisting with the 12 year old scouting program. He hates scouting, but is working hard! Brendan and Brynlee are growing super fast, and are just so much fun! Brendan is currently working on mastering Donkey Kong on Dereks old Super Nintendo. He's getting pretty good at it too! Brynlee is still into everything her brother is, and we are still working on how to talk and not whine & scream. We are all a work in progress :) We have a lot of fun things coming up, so watch for more pictures!! And I promise it won't be 7 months before I post again!!
5 comments:
so glad you are back hon, i missed hearing what was going on with you folks!
Tami so glad you posted, it is great to here you all oare well. We are doing good, we are headed to the philippines for teh sumer for an internship which should be an adventure. See you soon.
Naomi
Glad you're back! I have missed you! Great update :)
Welcome back! Glad things are going well for you and your family. I look forward to hearing more!
I'm so glad you have a current post! keep it up! I always check it just in case then one day there you were:) Your family is so darling. And you do such fun things
Post a Comment